Friday 4 November 2011

White Space

I love fresh white paint on walls, but oddly I don't like bare white walls.  It can make a room feel a bit cold and unloved.  I especially think that if you live in a small place you need to utilize the wall space and make every inch count....including the blank spaces in between, which can work as a frame for smaller pieces of art and photos.
As I mentioned previously I feel that a well rounded interior takes time to get right. After all Rome wasn't built in day, so how can you expect to furnish your whole house in a weekend?  It takes months and sometimes years.

I have been working on this particular corner of our house since we moved in 6+ years ago. I find it quite awkward and constantly look for things that I think may work.  It is still a work in progress and I am not sure what the end product will look like but hear it is.



The beginning of After
A Zebra patterned cushion in orange, a hanging plant pot holder from Ikea and a  carved wood shelf that I found on eBay add depth and interest.  Still working on the window treatment. Watch this space.....



Before


Before before...boring....

No comments:

Post a Comment